Sunday, August 23, 2009

A page from a random book...which I don't call my diary.

Dated: 6th grade summer vacations


“Five minutes left” our invigilator announced. I checked my answers quickly and waited for the bell and kept glancing excitedly at my watch like all my mates around. It was our last exam for that academic year. We all felt relieved after those two weeks of exams.

On the third week of my vacations, my family went on a tour to Himachal Pradesh. On 2nd May, we reached Delhi by air and left for Chandigarh. We visited Rock garden created by Nekchand, picturesque Pinjore garden and the Sukhna Lake in Chandigarh.

We went on to Shimla, to experience the pleasant weather and it was a nice get away from Chennai. We moved on to Kullu, where we went river-rafting and river-crossing in the freezing white waters of Beas River.

We moved to Manali for a three day stay. Manali is a hill station with panoramic view of snow capped Himalayas all around. We went sight seeing and shopping. We have gone to the famous Rohtang pass, at a height of 13500 feet covered with snow throughout the year, with a four hour journey. We had lots of fun by making snowmen and snow angels. We returned to Delhi, where we had been to Akshardam temple and Rashtrapathi Bhavan – both of them were amazing.

I was filled with experiences all through the vacation, which would remain fresh for a long time to come.

Navya

No comments: